This is a local festival held on the first Friday of December every year.
From 6pm until 9pm, the square in Wantage is full of all sorts of fantastic attractions and events.
Its a real family event and is always great fun!
Don’t forget to dress up in Victorian costume if you possibly can – makes it even more fun! You can visit a fancy dress shop, but many people prefer to make their own costumes from clothes bought from the charity shops mixed with old stuff from the back of the wardrobe :O)
Here are are some of the attractions I have seen in recent years.
Who actually appears, varies from year to year.
- Santa & real Reindeer in Newbury Street
- Victorian Fun Fair & Punch & Judy
- Late night shopping (and some shops have free drinks and special offers)
- Heart Radio
- Fraser Hart jewellery prize treasure hunt
- Pig Roast
- Street Pastors
- Charity Stalls
- Hot air balloon
- Shire horses
- Pandemonium playing live Christmas music at the Vale & Downland Museum
- Refreshments in the October Club and Parish Church
- Vale car parks free from 4pm, and all day Saturday
- Two hour parking restriction lifted by Sainsbury’s
For all enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org