To celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, Wantage & Grove were decorated with more bunting than you’ve ever seen before! The events, spread over three days, got all age groups within our area involved in all the fun throughout the Half Term weekend.
Despite the rain – often rather heavy – the events all happened and Wantage and Grove celebrated with enthusiasm and in style. Well done to the dozens and dozens of people who took part in the organisation, putting on music and dancing, running competitions, managing the traffic and parking, setting up and manning stalls, clearing up afterwards… the list goes on.
Here’s what happened…
Saturday 2nd June at Wantage recreation ground
- Children’s Sports Day
- Fairground, Stalls and Much More Entertainment
- Race Night at Wantage Civic Hall – supported by Stan James
Sunday 3rd June in Wantage Town Square
- Grand Fancy Dress Parade – Kings and Queens Through The Ages
- The Big Lunch/Picnic – Bring your own food or use the Hog Roast, Burger Bars, Stalls or shops in the Town Square – Free cake for every child!
- 4 Legged Beer Race around six pubs in the town for 18 yrs & over
Monday 4th June at Grove recreation ground (rugby fields)
- ‘It’s a Knockout’ Giant Inflatable Games for 14yrs and over with foam, costumes & hilarious fun
- Parade around Grove. Themed for each Decade of the Queen’s reign
- BMX & Skateboard competition at the Skate Park
Live bands & DJ’s, Funfair, Scouts March, Hog Roast, BBQ’s, Dance Demonstrations, Games for Toddlers, Teenagers & Adults who still think they’re Teenagers, Craft Tent, Beer Tent, Dumper & Digger Corner, Football Challenges, Tea Dance at Shush, Games Tent, Fireworks & so much more!